Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.


If you’re anything like me, you hate waiting. And yet patience is a HUGE part of being an author. I ought to know… I’m currently in the process of trying to find an agent for my newest book, which I am really, really excited for. It’s a big step from Son of the Sea Wolf, and I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting this out there.
The problem is, I’ve hit a rut in my publishing endeavors. I’m no longer self-publishing; I’m trying to move on to getting published by a publishing agency, and I am in the current position of waiting to hear back from the people I have contacted.
The waiting period is depressing, there’s no doubt about it. It really feels like you’re not living out your purpose; that you’re being passed over and rejected. I know I’ve been through times where I wonder if it’s really worth it to go on for one more day of waiting. And if I’m being honest, I still haven’t gotten past that. We authors really put ourselves through a lot by giving the world a part of ourselves… our writing… only to watch it get ignored over and over again. It’s really hard not to take it personal; to let that rejection seep into other corners of our lives.
Sometimes we really don’t have any control over our situations. In times like this, faith is all we’ve got. But we really need to keep on believing, even if no one else seems to notice. All authors have been here; it’s part of what connects us.
I don’t know if there’s going to be a light at the end of this tunnel. All I know is that I’m going to keep on working hard, having faith, and pouring my heart out into my writing. Because in the end, that’s all we really can do.
Don’t lose faith! Who knows? Maybe today is the day that the waiting will end and your new life will begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me, a public speaker?

First Semester Wrap-up

Christmas Cookies!