Christmas Cookies!


One of my favorite parts about the holiday season is making Christmas cookies! Baking is just so much fun… and also a really good way to take a break from writing!
I haven’t really been baking too much this season, though, because it just didn’t feel right to be celebrating the Christmas season without my family. This year has been my first Christmas season alone, and it hasn’t been all that festive. (Although I have been listening to Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas is You on repeat…)
But today I decided to go ahead and bake anyway. Who says I can’t get into the holiday season by myself? And so I turned up the Christmas music and began to bake! I decided on sugar cookies, and found an online recipe that didn't look too complicated.


Cutting out the shapes was really fun. At first the dough was really crumbly and I thought I had done something wrong, but after I let it chill in the refrigerator, it was all good!

Turns out that crumbling dough was the least of my problems. Have you ever tried to make frosting at home? I tried… many times. I experimented over and over until my kitchen started to look like a mad scientist’s lab.

I ended up with a beige frosting. That’s right, beige. How festive. Oh, well! These cookies aren’t going to win any beauty contests, but they do taste pretty darn good!

And so I frosted my beige cookies to the tune of Feliz Navidad, throwing in a couple of Rumba moves that I learned in my ballroom dancing class.
Now if that doesn't sound festive then I don't know what does!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me, a public speaker?

First Semester Wrap-up